Here are some tips to prevent and treat symptoms of seasonal allergies:
- Prevent before symptoms start, keep in mind that pollen counts are highest in the mornings so keep your windows closed.
- Wash hair to rinse away the pollen and consider shaving any mustache and beard.
- Place a HEPA filter air cleaner in your sleeping area and maintain 35-45% humidity if possible.
- Dry your laundry indoors and try to keep pollen out by not bringing pollen into the bedroom with you (jackets, shoes, clothing, pets).
- Some natural treatment options include nasal rinsing with sterile saline water, nettle leaf, butterbur and/or quercetin.
- I like nettle leaf because of its effectiveness, its a good source of nutrients and doesn't cause brain fog associated with many over the counter allergy medicines.
- Another effective long term treatment is Sub-Lingual-Immunotherapy. This is FDA approved and is taken daily under the tongue. No more allergy shots!