I grew up in a house full of stones and crystals. My mom was always collecting them and I remember at a very young age traveling to Franklin, North Carolina, to attend the gem shows that still occur today. I didn’t really know that much about them, other than they were all unique in their shape and color.
As I moved out of my parents’ house and started my own life, my mom sent some of her crystals with me as a gift. Still not knowing the full significance around them — other than that they were pretty and a gift from my mom — I set them various places throughout my home. They were beautiful to look at.
What I didn’t know then is that crystals and stones are ancient healers. They have been around since the beginning of time, but it hasn’t been until about the last decade that I’ve actually come to understand the power of them.
This all started when I began to shift my life toward a holistic healing profession. Through my journey, I began to learn about various stones and crystals, the properties they hold and the healing they bring.
When I met Linda Bonds, owner of Stones of Spirit, my fascination and love for these unique “beings” grew even more. I refer to them as beings because they do have lifelike qualities about them. As you tune into them, you can feel their energy, no one the same, much like us.
My home and office are now full of them. Some, I have carried with me from my mom, and others I have purchased or been gifted along the way.
Jana and I both use them in our holistic sessions and energy classes. They are so beneficial to our clients for healing, clearing and empowering. If you have something that ails you, a fear that plagues you, a hurt that haunts you or even if you are looking for some empowerment, there’s a stone or crystal for that.
You may be asking, “What’s the difference between a stone and a crystal?” Great question. A stone, or rock, is an indefinite mixture of naturally occurring substances, mainly minerals, with examples like lapis lazuli or tiger’s eye. A crystal is also a solid material, but rather than being an irregular structure like a stone, it’s molecules form a highly organized structure, called a lattice — think of amethyst or quartz.
Some of our all-time personal favorites are clear quartz crystal, amethyst, rose quartz, black tourmaline, citrine, selenite and celestite. I thought you might find their meanings useful below.
- Clear quartz – very versatile in its healing. Assists in clearing negative energies and amplifying positive ones.
- Amethyst – very calm and healing stone. Brings about balance on a mental, emotional and physical level. Assists one in improving their intuition.
- Rose quartz – carries a strong vibration of love. Beautiful for self-love and love of another.
- Black tourmaline – wonderful grounding stone. Dispels negative energies and is used for protection. Cleanses, purifies and transforms lower energies into higher ones.
- Citrine – known as a happy stone and promotes abundance in all areas of life.
- Selenite – evokes protection from the angelic realm and dispels negative energy.
- Celestite – excellent for meditation. Very calming and will aid in connecting you with your angels and spirit guides. Known as the Angel Stone.
If you’re new to the stone and crystal world, I suggest you visit Stones of Spirit in Knoxville, TN and have a chat with Linda Bonds. She is great in helping you determine what’s a fit for you.