Hippocrates said, “All disease begins in the gut.” It is becoming more and more clear to me that this is the case. I deal with adults, I deal with children, and the root of the cause is the same. The Gut. You may not think about your microbiome often, but it is a critical reflection of your health. Take the following Self Assessment and learn how healthy your gut is...
1. Were you bottle fed for most of your first year of life?
2. Were you a c-section baby?
3. Did your mom or dad have any digestion, intestinal challenges?
4. Did you get frequent ear infections as a child?
5. Did you get frequent chest infections (colds, runny noses, bronchitis, pneumonia) as a child?
6. Did you get all your vaccinations as a child?
7. Did you grow up eating lots of white bread, milk, cheese and sugar?
8. Did you or have you had an illness that was treated with antibiotics?
9. Did you get your tonsils/adenoids out or have chronic issues with them growing up?
10. Do you take antibiotics at least once every 2-3 years?
11. Are you on "the pill" or any other prescription medication?
12. Are you more than 20 lbs. overweight?
13. Do you need a laxative at least once/month?
14. Are you dealing with any of these conditions?
- Allergies/food sensitivities
- Female problems
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
- Degenerative neurological disorder
- Chronic Fatigue
- Irritable Bowel
- Thyroid problems
- Adrenal problems
- Mood Swings
- Memory Loss
- Anxiety and/or panic attacks
- Eating disorder
- Addictive Behaviors
SCORING: One point for every YES and for every condition you are dealing with.
1-5: PRETTY GOOD!
AND, few folks in this country have a gut that’s really healthy. Follow the basic guidelines for
strengthening your gut.
6-9: NEED HELP
Without question, you need to pay attention to your gut health.
10-27: GUT REBOOT TIME
You are on a slow but sure decline health wise. A full gut reboot is definitely needed.