Gratitude - that feeling of expansive thanks that we feel when we truly savor and appreciate something - can be a powerful vehicle for bringing even more goodness our way! (Plus, it's just plain fun!) Here are some easy tips and tools for increasing your gratitude, and bringing more pleasure and fun into your life.
- Start a gratitude journal. Okay, so this is the most obvious one! If you don't already practice daily gratitude, this is a nice way to remind yourself every day and make it a habit. Tip: Keep it simple - just list the things that you're grateful for each day. No one is going to check your work for complete sentences, so don't let this become a difficult task!
- Focus on the things that make you FEEL grateful. If you live in the first world, you probably have about a million things to be grateful for each day. Stuff like clean drinking water, nutritious food, and freedom of speech are really super to have! But if these weren't things that caused you to FEEL grateful during your day, they may not be the best things to list in your gratitude journal. You may be intellectually grateful for them, but if the feeling you have when you think about them is one of sadness for those who lack these things, then you are unknowingly training yourself to think that gratitude feels like sadness. What I'd recommend instead is to list things that made you FEEL vibrantly alive, happy, and satisfied.
- Attune yourself to find gratitude in unexpected places. You can increase your sources of gratitude by training yourself to find it in unusual ways. Try setting an intention in the morning to be shown a new source of gratitude that day. Then wait to see what appears! Who knows, maybe you'll end up grateful about the easy function of knobs on your dashboard or the silly way an insect runs around. Tip: You don't need to make any concerted effort with this technique. Just be open to whatever comes your way. And don't forget to smile! :)
- Remove any blocks that are sabotaging your gratitude. Some of us have been carrying around big fat blocks to gratitude, and that stops us in our tracks when we start to feel it. Some common ones are feeling hurt by others' jealousy or sadness, or having learned gratitude by focusing on lack. You can use EFT tapping to let go of these blocks - just tap along with this video to help give them the boot.
- Try out a Thetahealing download for gratitude. Thetahealing downloads are really similar to software downloads for a computer, and basically function to upgrade your internal programming. If you have a faulty version of a gratitude program, then maybe it's time to upgrade! For example, some of us have been trained to think that gratitude feels like sadness or lack... ick! No wonder we wouldn't want to spend our time feeling it! All you have to do is say "YES" after reading this to receive the pure, direct download of the feeling of gratitude. It feels really, really good!
I'm curious - what are some of the things you're most grateful for? Celebrate them by sharing in the comments!