We would like to share some of our essential oils with you and how we use them in our lives and business.
Essential oils provide a beautiful healing environment for the mind, the body and the soul. There are many oils out there so choosing the right ones is important.
Make sure that they are pure therapeutic-grade ,without any artificial ingredients. We prefer to use Young Living, dōTERRA or NYR Organic. However, community member Darian Denman and her husband, Larry, just started distilling their own oils so we have now added them to our list. You can find them at Rolling Meadows Naturals.
We enjoy diffusing oils in our home and office. We find that our clients enjoy the calming aroma and that it sets them at ease and allows them to immediately relax.
Oils have been used throughout history and there is an oil for just about anything that ails you.
They can help with:
In their book, “Reference Guide for Essentials Oils,” Connie and Alan Higley say, “Essential oils have a bio electric frequency that is several times greater than the frequency of herbs, food and even the human body. Clinical research has shown that essential oils can quickly raise the frequency of the human body, restoring it’s normal healthy level.”
They can also clear distortions that get trapped in the energetic field around you. Therefore, having an oil filling the air can uplift your spirit and bring you into balance and harmony.
Here are a few of our favorites:
- Properties: anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, anti-depressant.
- Uses: anxiety, burns, allergies, digestive issues, insomnia, stress
- Lavender is a wonderful oil to diffuse or to apply on the body.
- Properties: arthritis, auto-immune diseases, dermatological issues (warts, moles, scarring)
- Uses: Holy oil in the Middle East, spiritual awareness, healing, immune strengthening
- Wonderful oil to diffuse or apply on the body.
- *Note: Frankincense contains sesquiterpenes, a type of chemical compound that can pass through the blood-brain barrier. This compound can increase the activity of leukocytes (white blood cells) in defense of the body against infections, erase miswritten DNA and even fight cancer.
- Properties: anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral
- Uses: colds, viral infections, sinusitis, asthma
- Ravintsara is great to diffuse in the winter months or cold/flu season. We also like to put a little under our nose or put a few drops on our hands, rub together and take a deep inhalation.
- Properties: anti-bacterial, decongestant, antiseptic, contains estrogen-like properties
- Uses: depression, mental fatigue, metabolism
- We tend to use Sage on a more spiritual level in our work because of it’s energetic clearing properties. We diffuse it and also make clearing sprays with it.
As always, we encourage you to do your own research and see what resonates best with you. Essential oils have amazing benefits and healing properties that we can all make use of. When you open yourself to the world of essential oils, you’ll find many new opportunities for healing and balance. Let intuition guide you to the ones that are right for you.
Carolyn A. Jones and Jana Kadovitz are the founders of The Holistic Institute of Wellness. They can be reached at 865-712-9754 or [email protected]
Resource: “Reference Guide for Essentials Oils,” by Connie and Alan Higley.