1. Eat them ground. This helps your body absorb the nutrients. 1 Tbl a day is recommended for best effects! Sprinkle on oatmeal, cereal, salads, smoothies, soups... bake into breads, muffins, crackers, etc.
2. Great egg replacement. 1 TBl ground flaxseed mixed with 3 Tbl water for every egg.
3. Good source of Omega 3s Fatty Acids, as well as a plethora of other nutrients.
4. Lowers LDL cholesterol, and raises HDL cholesterol
5. Regulates blood pressure
6. Help prevent breast cancer
7. Treat diabetes
8. Helps manage weight and appetite
Here's an easy flax smoothie recipe (from Dr. Michael Gregor):
-1 Tbl ground flaxseed
-Frozen berries of choice
-Unsweetened plant milk (soy, almond, rice...)
-1/2 banana or mango
-Cocoa powder (if desired)