It is so important to find ways to add variety into our meals! I know many people who make the great decision to pack their lunch daily who tend to get in a rut with only using dinner leftovers for lunch or eating the same thing every day. I tend to get stuck in a rut with lunches as well, choosing easy, simple wraps or salad options that are delicious, but eventually become boring and do not leave much room for variety. As this boredom became evident this week, I decided to take my usual, go-to lunch and add a tasty twist to it! In the process of getting creative, I came up with this delicious, gluten free and dairy free Spring Veggie Cheese Crisp recipe. The recipe below is a great option to provide an “all in one” lunch that meets your carbohydrate, protein, fat, and vegetable needs in one, easy delicious meal! Keep in mind, the great part about this recipe is that, while it is already a gluten-free and dairy free recipe, small adjustments can be made to create a vegan option or a non gluten-free/dairy free option while still maintaining the health benefits! Check out this delicious and easy to prepare recipe below to spice up your lunches!
Ingredients: (1 serving; total prep and cook time- approx. 8-10 minutes)
- 1 Brown Rice tortilla- GF (can replace with other tortillas to your preference)
- 2 slices of turkey (I use Trader Joe’s oven roasted) lunch meat (or lunch meat alternative)
- 1 slice of Follow your Heart Garden Herb vegan cheese (can replace with dairy based cheese if desired)
- 2 TBSP 505 Hatch Valley Flame Roasted Green Chile Salsa
- 1 cap-full Trader Joe’s Almond Butter Turmeric Salad Dressing
- 1 TBSP pine nuts
- One large slice of red or yellow fire roasted peppers
- 1 cup Arugula
- Pre-heat oven to 425F on broil (if oven is not available can cook using microwave, but will not be as crispy)
- Use a baking sheet covered with tin foil and place tortilla on sheet.
- Place 2 slices of turkey, then top with 1 slice of vegan cheese (break into multiple pieces for best melting)
- Top with 2 TBSP Green Chili Salsa, 1 cap-full of almond butter, turmeric dressing, 2 slice of fire roasted red or yellow peppers, and 1 TBSP of pine nuts
- Once oven is pre-heated, place in oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortilla is crispy
- Remove from oven, top with 1 cup of arugula and allow to cool for 1 minute.
- Fold in half, serve and enjoy!
*note, serve with sides of your choice. Recommended sides include sauerkraut, heart of palm, and or caperberries.
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe or ways you add variety to your lunches!
Please feel free to message me or comment with any questions or your experiences!
I hope you enjoy this delicious Spring, Veggie Cheese Crisp Recipe!
If you are looking for extra help with your nutrition and health and health goals and need help making a healthy lifestyle as easy and enjoyable as possible, CONTACT US today and SCHEDULE your first appointment toward taking control of your health!
Subscribe to our blog today at https://denversdancingdietitian.com/blog/ for more health and nutrition tips, great recipes, and more!
Additionally, check out http://faddietsecrets.com and register for your free guide to reveal the secrets of fad diets and why they may not be working for you.
-Ricci-Lee Hotz, MS, RDN
Denver’s Dancing Dietitian
A Taste of Health, LLC
“Improving Quality of life one bite at a time”