Staying Healthy During the Cold and Flu Season
To stay healthy during Cold and Flu season, here are some helpful suggestions.
- Avoid sugar. This time of year is abundant with sugar from October thru December. The more you refrain from sugary foods, the stronger your immune system will be.
- Obtain Vitamin D levels and supplement as needed.
- If known, avoid food sensitivities.
- Continue to exercise. It is harder to exercise with the reduction of daylight. However, Exercise is an immune support. Continue to obtain at least 30 minutes 5-6 days/week.
- Wash your hands regularly and avoid touching your face. Cough or sneeze into your arm, handkerchief instead of your hands.
- Start a good supplementation plan. Include an anti-microbial product, vitamin C, and probiotics.
- Practice the Wet Sock Hydrotherapy technique (see additional article). It works!
- If you need additional support with a cold, please contact my office. I provide homeopathic remedies and herbs that can be targeted to specific cold symptoms.