The Perfect Guilt-Free Holiday Treat
The weather is cold and the tree is up and nothing satisfies my taste for warm drinks like a delicious cup of hot chocolate. I started looking at the mixes available and was a bit horrified. Ingredients like “modified corn solids” send chills up my spine and a nauseous feeling in my stomach. I tend to read ingredients then try and create my own real food version. In this case, I visited a few websites and came up with two versions of hot chocolate that will leave you with a satisfied, warm, creamy, chocolatey taste in your mouth without a jittery blood sugar drop about an hour after you consumed it. More chocolate, less crap!
Let me know what you think, stay warm and enjoy!
Bulletproof Ketogenic Hot Chocolate
The from Scratch Version:
1. ½ cup water.
2. ½ cup Coconut Milk or other nut milk alternative
3. 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (grass-fed).
4. 1 Tablespoon MCT Oil aka Medium Chain Triglycerides (an easy way to get healthy fats in your diet and stabilize blood sugar).
5. 2 or 3 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
6. ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract.
7. A pinch of Cinnamon.
8. 1 or 2 teaspoons Erythritol or Sweetener alternative of your choice (Optional).
Place all ingredients in a saucepan mix and warm over low heat until a boil begins. Drink and enjoy.
1. 2 heaping tablespoons Hot Chocolate Mix – Guilt/ Sugar-Free Hot Cocoa Mix by Just Like Sugar – can purchase on Amazon.
2. 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (grass-fed)
3. 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil or MCT Oil.
4. ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Place all ingredients in a saucepan mix and warm over low heat until a boil begins.