Lyme disease is a complex condition consisting of multiple infections (bacterial, viral, fungal) that specialize in overwhelming and running the body's energy down without kiling it.
It's a "life-ruining" condition and not necessarily a "life-threatening" condition.
Lyme is quite a challenge to diagnose as it affects each person differently. A typical Lyme clinical picture looks like many signs and symptoms that seem unrelated as felt in many different systems such as:
- Central nervous system: dizziness, headache, numbness, nerve pain, lack of coordination, difficulty walking or moving, difficulty concentrating, brain fog
- Adrenals: fatigue, exhaustion, cold extremities, chills, low blood pressure
- Digestive issues: abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, stomach upset, constipation
- Cardiac: heart palpitations (POTS - postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome), fast heart beat (tachycardia), abnormal heart rythm (arrhythmia)
- Muscular: muscle pain, trigger points, muscle weakness, spasm and twitching (similar to fibromyalgia)
- Articular: joint pain, stifness in the joints (similar to arthritis)
- Vascular problems: blueish or discolored extremities, cold hands/feet, burning pain, Hot Flashes
- Eye problems: blurry vision, loss of 3D vision, eye pain, sensitive to light
- Urinary: bladder irritation, urinary urgency, bladder pain without evidence of urinary tract infection
- Sleep problems, Mood Disturbances, Anxiety, Depression, Strong Emotions can also be part of the picture
Before getting an accurate diagnosis, some people see many doctors and specialists. They go through so many tests that aren’t conclusive, try different treatments that don’t really work meanwhile their health is still deteriorating… oftentimes very fast!
It's one thing to have a diagnosis, it's another piece to have an all encompassing treatment that works! Pathogens from Lyme like to go everywhere in the body and a successful treatment requires a strategy that addresses everything from all angles.
The principal microogranism of Lyme is Borrelia Burgdorferi, a spirochete bacteria that changes it form to adapt to its life inside the human body. A successful treatment must address all forms of the bacteria so that persisters such as round bodies or biofilms are not left behind.
Lyme comes also with a series of coinfections that need to be addressed such as babesia, bartonella, erhlichia, candida, mycoplasma, Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) to name a few.
To optimize one's recovery from Lyme disease, especially in its chronic form (more than 3 months after acquiring the illness), a successful treatment needs the following 5 pillars through the proper supplements, diet, lifestyle and mindset modifications:
1) Antimicrobials (therapeutic plants and/or antibiotics)
2) Reduction of the inflammatory cytokines cascade
3) Modulation of the immune system
4) Support of adrenals and mitochondria
5) Detox from toxins, heavy metals, mold & parasites with protection from EMFs and chemicals
Diet needs to be optimal and clean, free of toxins and additives. It's best to aim for organic, whole-foods, gluten-free, dairy-free and low sugar foods. Paleo or ketogenic diets work best for Lyme.
It's important to keep the body in gentle movement via exercise that is appropriate for the stage of treatment.
Beyond a protocol for the body, it’s also imperative to uncover and transcend the emotional and mindset barriers that may slow down or prevent healing such as:
- Self doubt, self criticism
- Guilt, Shame, Fear, Sadness
- Anger, resentment
- Difficult relationships
- Not knowing what to eat
- Unsure which supplements to take
- Difficulty saying NO
- Tending to other people's needs before one's own
- People pleasing behaviours
- Trying to be perfect
These barriers are like energy leaks that rob the body from its vital energy necessary for healing. Once the energy leaks are plugged through neuroscientific transformational work as part of the treatment, healing simply accelerates.
If you or someone you know has been looking to save time, money and health on the healing path from Lyme disease, combining a researched-based effective protocol with neuroscience-based coaching can help you achieve exactly that!
Do not hesitate to reach out to me as I'd love to help you regain your Life over Lyme with sustained focused energy, mental clarity and inner peace as I've already done with many people! Your health, relationships and life's purpose will thank you!
Let me know your story! What are some challenges that you've been going through with Lyme?