Similarities & Differences between PRANIC HEALING™ & REIKI - By Master Stephen Co
REIKI is a very good healing modality that has helped many people. It is responsible for allowing lay people who have no healing and energy experience to access healing energies to help themselves and their loves ones. According to the REIKI Masters who have attended PRANIC HEALING classes (approximately 10% of every Pranic Healing class are Reiki Masters). Some of the major differences between PRANIC HEALING and REIKI are:
1. PRANIC HEALING is a complete non-touch system of healing. REIKI practitioners touch the body most of the time, but also has non-touch techniques.
2. PRANIC HEALING teaches its students “scanning” techniques to assess areas of energy depletion and congestion, or stagnation, which helps identify problem areas that need healing. REIKI doesn’t use any energy assessment technique but relies on the intuition of the practitioner.
3. PRANIC HEALING employs a manual cleansing technique called “sweeping” to remove blockages and stagnant energies before giving fresh energy to the subject. REIKI has no comparable technique. PRANIC HEALING believes cleansing is critical to the healing process because diseased energies and negative emotions have to be first removed before energizing the body with fresh prana. Otherwise, congestion will eventually manifest physically - and sometimes dramatically – through vomiting, loose bowel movement or other flu-like symptoms. Such expelling is often labeled as a “detoxification”. However, this can be prevented with proper cleansing. Cleansing alone often allows the body to quickly heal itself by allowing fresh energy to penetrate deeper into the body to be utilized as fuel for repairing the body.
4. PRANIC HEALING employs a “cookbook” approach to healing. According to thousands of case reports gathered by the founder of PRANIC HEALING, Grandmaster Choa Kok Sui, every ailment has a unique set of energy patterns. REIKI has essentially one energy technique – facilitating the flow of REIKI energy into whatever area needs healing – to address all health problems. PRANIC HEALING, by contrast, uses specific step-by-step healing protocols that work with 11 major chakras and countless meridians. PRANIC HEALING offers a quicker, more targeted and more effective system of healing.
5. PRANIC HEALING teaches its practitioners to draw energy directly from the sun, air, ground and other spiritual sources and then project this energy (prana) into their subject’s body. REIKI practitioners have to be “initiated” by a REIKI Master and given “symbols” to access the healing energies. It’s similar to having to obtain a password in order to access certain privileges. PRANIC HEALING employs simple breathing and visualization that allows anyone to heal immediately. Many have even learned from just reading the book Your Hands Can Heal You, including Dr. Eric Robins who has produced dramatic results on his hospital patients just by following the step-by-step formulas presented there.
6. PRANIC HEALING includes a practice called “energetic hygiene” that is rarely found in any healing modality, including REIKI. REIKI Masters attending PRANIC HEALING classes agree that energy hygiene is a major element missing in their learning. They are taught: how to cleanse themselves of contaminating diseases energies or how to prevent subjects from draining their life force. A major complaint of REIKI practitioners and other healthcare providers has always been that of either experiencing the subject’s pain or ailment and/or feeling drained and tired after a healing session. PRANIC HEALING uses specific techniques to purify one’s energy field and to highly revitalize the body.
7. PRANIC HEALING employs the use of color energies that dramatically accelerate the body’s innate healing abilities. In fact, many REIKI Masters often say that if they have a subject who wants immediate relief or rapid healings they use PRANIC HEALING – particularly, the colored pranic techniques. But, if they have a subject who simply wants a relaxing and soothing session or whom wants to be touched, they use REIKI.
In summary, both PRANIC HEALING and REIKI are excellent healing modalities and have helped alleviate the pain and suffering of millions. PRANIC HEALING provides tools to produce faster and more immediate results in which the healer is not negatively affected by their subject. REIKI is a technique for anyone who would like to learn how to heal without having to learn the energetic anatomy, cleansing, energizing and other energetic protocols.
PRANIC HEALING complements any and all healing modalities. Whatever healing technique one is trained in, whether it is Shamanism, Native American techniques, Chinese Chi Kung, REIKI, massage therapy, chiropractic, Christian laying on of hands or even traditional orthodox medicine, PRANIC HEALING will complement and enhance it. We are here together to help create health and happiness for all.
For more detailed information about PRANIC HEALING and REIKI, please consult the book “YOUR HANDS CAN HEAL YOU” by Master Stephen Co and Dr. Eric Robins.