When my youngest was 2 he was diagnosed with asthma. I pleaded with his doctor and expected more in-depth testing be performed as he was to young to be on (what I considered) adult medicine. I was very couscous I what I allowed him to take. With him being admitted to the hospital on a few different occasions, I took him to be tested for allergies, then I found that my “gut instinct” was correct. He didn’t have asthma, but he had an allergy to mold. My husband and I gutted our bathrooms, and to my surprise (not really) his breathing improved. He had a severe reaction to the mold in our house. His doctor still refused to listen as I told him many times “every time I bring him for my other children’s well visit, he would have an attack” I had to fire this doctor and bring my children to a newer building. Any way after I brought him back to the allergist for a follow up, the allergist asked me how I was treating his condition? My answer was I used the nebulizer and rescue remedies when in need. But then I found that a dose of pleurisy root tincture in water, also I found that the nebulizer filled with a high ph water. I found this was a nice rescue remedy without the side effects of steroids. The allergist asked how this was working? He also told me to continue with my findings.
I do want those who has a child that suffers from this condition to contact their doctors and do your own digging on what you feel is best for your child. This is not in any way a cure all. But know your environment and your child. I hope you find your answers and much luck!!!