Bach Flower Remedies for Sexual Dysfunction
Sexual Dysfunction is a widespread problem in the United States. In findings published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) in 1999, it was estimated that 31% of men (10-52%) and 43% of women (23-62%) experience sexual dysfunction in one or more of the following seven forms:
- lacking desire for sex
- arousal difficulties (i.e., erection problems in men, lubrication difficulties in women)
- inability achieving climax or ejaculation
- anxiety about sexual performance
- climaxing or ejaculating too rapidly
- physical pain during intercourse
- not finding sex pleasurable
The conclusions of the study were “that sexual dysfunction is an important public health concern, and emotional problems likely contribute to the experience of these problems.” Even in cases where the root cause may be physiological, it quickly becomes an emotional issue. Bach Flower Remedies are the ideal solution to address the emotional causes of or secondary emotional response to sexual dysfunction.
The following remedies may be particularly helpful in dealing with sexual dysfunction:
- Star of Bethlehem: When someone is dealing with a painful or traumatic event from the past, especially sexual or physical abuse.
- Agrimony: If one is suppressing or burying feelings.
- Honeysuckle: If one is haunted by or stuck in the past.
- Mimulus: When one is afraid of sexual contact.
- Rock Rose: When one is terrified of sexual contact or has performance anxiety.
- Rescue Remedy: When someone gets panicky or anxious at the thought of physical contact.
- Crab Apple: When someone’s self-esteem has taken a beating. Or if someone feels toxic or dirty, or thinks of sex as dirty.
- Rock Water: For people who are uptight or wound up. They tend to need to be in control.
- Willow: If someone is feeling resentment or self-pity for his/her situation.
- White Chestnut: Quiets the mind; stops obsessive thoughts.
- Wild Rose: When one is bored or apathetic and nothing seems to bring joy, including sex.
- Olive: If one is too exhausted to be interested in anything, including sex.
There are other remedies that may also be helpful, depending on each person’s individual circumstances. There are 39 different remedies in all, including Rescue Remedy. These can be used to make over 19 million combinations, and there is a remedy or combination of remedies to address any emotional state. For a consultation or to order remedies, I can be reached at www.CarlAndersonBFRP.com, [email protected], or 415-420-7800.
©2018 Carl Anderson