During the lull between winter and spring, there is often the energy of pause, reflection, and can also feel a sense of almost stagnant energy. If you are feeling this way you are not alone. The toll of the shorter days and the cold and/or wet weather has surfaced through lower energy. The inner conflict between taking action and going inward can feel equally important and lead to confusion as to which way to go. If you are an HSP or heart-centered/intuitive individual you can feel these effects at a deeper level. Given all these circumstances and energies what can you do?
How do we increase our energy, motivation and reach our goals?
- Acknowledge the Feelings. Pretending that this isn’t happening is not the solution, in order to make any shifts or changes we first need to recognize where we are right now. Denial, soothing or numbing does not provide a solution. Take one minute right now and write the answer to the following questions: “How do you really feel right now and in the last week/month?” and “How would you like to feel?”
- Know what you really want. Now you know how you really feel, take a look at what you really want to accomplish in the next 30 days, and the next 90 days. Write it all down. What are your goals, choose how you want to feel in addition to the outer tangible goals.
- Rest and Rejuvenate. Nature provides different seasons and energetic changes around us on purpose. If we pay attention to the seasons it can be a guide to be in touch with what we need. If you need more time to read, or take baths or engaging in spiritual practices then take the time to schedule these activities. In addition, add your needs to your goals list. Accept and allow the fact that there are times of the year where we rest more, where we are outside more, when we need more sleep and when we are more inward.
- Focus your energy. Take a look at your goals and pick three that you want to focus on in the next few months. Then break down your goals into action steps that can take less than one hour.
- Schedule time: Plug these action steps into your calendar. Now plug in time for rejuvenation, especially if it wasn’t one of your top three goals.
You have a choice every moment and every day, you can fight your energy and mood or you can use them as a guide to give yourself what you need. I want to be clear that I am not advocating that you hide indefinitely or that you don’t take any action steps, I am saying choose what is important and focus on those action steps in a way that is aligned with you and your energy.
If you are an HSP and want to have improved relationships, better health, more confidence and higher levels of success, Please contact me to book a complimentary 45-minute clarity session.