It’s impossible to avoid stress at all times. Life will always present unexpected challenges and stressors, from a flat tire to a loss in the family. We all know this to be a fact of life.
While we can’t always determine the course our lives will take, we can in many ways determine the ways we react to stress. We can take steps each day to make sure we are fully equipped to handle whatever life throws at us.
Handling stress properly is crucial for your mental health, which directly influences your physical health. They are one in the same. Stress can negatively impact so many facets of your health and daily life. Here are just a few of the ways stress can throw your life off-balance:
- Skincare conditions such as acne or hives
- Sudden weight gain or loss
- Headaches or migraines
- Stomach pain or acid reflux
- Trouble falling asleep or staying asleep
- A weakened immune system
- Trouble focusing or paying attention
- Hair thinning or hair loss
So what can you do on a daily basis to make sure you’re prepared for whatever life throws at you? We have three daily acts you can practice to make sure you are well-equipped to handle life’s stressors.
- Meditation Daily meditation is proven to have serious health benefits. It reduces anxiety, calms the body, improves focus, and helps you sleep at night. A daily meditation habit can provide you with a solid enough foundation to take on big challenges as they come.
- Hydration Being dehydrated puts your body at a disadvantage in every way. When you’re dehydrated, your body doesn’t have the energy to take on the efforts you need it to accomplish. Making water intake a priority will make every aspect of life more manageable.
- Sleep Hygiene We all know the importance of a good night’s sleep, but it’s still your best defense against a stressful event. When you’re practicing healthy sleep hygiene habits, like avoiding screens before bed and instilling a healthy bedtime routine, you better prepare yourself to take on whatever each day brings you.